(1) Alexander Foundation — Funds awarded to launch the Institute and assist in fund development.
(2) B.A. and Esther Greenheck Foundation — Funds awarded to launch the Institute and pay for programming (2007-08 and 2008-09).
(3) Wisconsin Humanities Council — Grants to fund a three year series of humanities programming: Journeys to American Identities, (2007-2008); Bridging Divides: Wealth and Poverty in America, (2008-2009); Building Communities: The Economics of Neighborliness, (2009-2010)
(4) UWMC-WPR Program Innovations Fund — Grant for production of a radio documentary, Bridging the Shores: Hmong-American Perspectives (2007-08).
(5) The Institute on Race and Ethnicity — Grant for the project, "Negotiating Identity and Straddling Cultures: A Campus-Community Shared Reading Experience” (2007)
(6) Global Issues Forum — Annual funding provided by Clay Norrbom and Kevin Hermening.
(7) The Ethics of Stem Cell Research — Received from diverse sources in support of “The Ethics of Stem Cell Research” conference (2008), plus significant in-kind support (graphic design, marketing) from ASPIRUS hospital.
(8) Kettering Foundation — Three year contract to host National Issue Forums in Wisconsin and train moderators throughout the state.
(9) Kettering Foundation — Contract to carry out dialogues on national healthcare issues followed by an experimental “appellate court” session to gauge public readiness to act.
(10) UW Colleges and UW-Extension — for The Great North Woods Service Learning Conference, October 26, 2007.
(11) Marathon County Crime & Punishment Dialogue — Contract with Marathon County government to conduct series of 12 National Issues Forums on crime and punishment issues (2008-09).
(12) Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation — Contract to facilitate World Café stakeholder meeting to facilitate strategies for addressing breast cancer research, prevention, and treatment (2008).
(13) UW-Marathon County Foundation in 2007-08 and again 2008-09 — support WIPPS Institute Fellowship for a faculty member to carry out a public outreach project
(14) Marathon County AODA Coalition — project to hold county-wide discussions and resulting strategies on addressing AODA issues in collaboration with North Central Health Care.