Central Wisconsin High School Leadership - First-year Program
- Main Page
- Application Process
- 1st Year Program
- 2nd Year Program
- Contact Us
- Photo Gallery
- SPONSORSHIP LEVELS & BENEFITS
Program for First Year Class 2019-2020:
Click here for a brochure.
To graduate from the Central Wisconsin High School Leadership program, a participant is expected to attend all the sessions including the opening retreat, the full-day sessions, and the closing graduation ceremony as well as complete a class project. Participating school districts have indicated release time will be given if needed. These are the TENTATIVE workshop dates:
- CLASS ORIENTATION, OCTOBER 2019, UW STEVENS POINT AT WAUSAU, 6:30 P.M. PURPOSE: Introduce and review the expectations of the program to the students and their parents. Students will take the True Colors Survey and identify their strengths.
- OPENING RETREAT, THURSDAY-SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24-26, 2019, CAMP MANITO-WISH-YMCA. PURPOSE: Experience the low and high ropes course as well as participate in team building activities. These activities will demonstrate different leadership techniques, provide problem-solving situations, and build self-confidence. Note: We will be leaving UW Stevens Point at Wausau-Center for Civic Engagement Parking Lot at 1 p.m. on Thursday, October 25, and returning to the same location on Saturday, October 27, between 4 and 4:30 p.m.
- UNDERSTANDING OURSELVES AND OTHERS, GREENHECK FAN CORPORATION, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2019, 8:15 A.M. TILL 2:30 P.M. PURPOSE: Students will learn to identify the strengths and weaknesses of themselves and others . Students will learn about community resources and identify a community project in which the group will accomplish during the program year.
- DEFINING YOUR LEADERSHIP STYLE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR, MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2020, MARATHON COUNTY MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY. PURPOSE: Meet with local government leaders to learn about public service, multigenerational differences, diversity, and biases in the workplace and the community.
- DEFINING YOUR LEADERSHIP IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR, FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2020, GREENHECK FAN CORPORATION. PURPOSE: Students will learn how their personality is related to careers and various occupations in the private sector. Students will take a self-survey and visit various local businesses. As part of the day they will learn the history of the area and hopefully realize what a great place the Wausau area is to live and work.
- APPLICATION OF SKILLS AND CLOSURE, FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020, RIVER VALLEY BANK AND WAUSAU CITY HALL. PURPOSE: Students with have an opportunity to practice their leadership style participating in hands on activities that include problem solving, goal setting, collaboration, conducting a meeting, and Robert’s Rules of Order,
- GRADUATION, APRIL, 2020, UW STEVENS POINT AT WAUSAU, 6:30 P.M. The students will be recognized for completing the program and will present their community projects to the audience.
Central Wisconsin Leadership Contacts:
If you have any questions regarding the high school leadership program, please click on the button below and feel free to contact anyone listed on the page, or fill out the contact form.