Being Black in America with Reggie Jackson and Jarrett Adams – WIPPS Two Bald Guys
On our June 5 Facebook livestream, we were honored to have as special guests two national figures – Reggie Jackson, co-owner and lead trainer of Nurturing Diversity Partners in Milwaukee and a prominent leader in the black community; and Jarrett Adams, who launched his own law firm in 2017. Adams was wrongly convicted of sexual assault and served 10 years in prison before being vindicated with the help of the Wisconsin Innocence Project.
Both men shared their compelling stories of being black in America and provided perspectives on the current national situation and the impact of racial disparities and its consequences. We’ve included with the episode some more information on our guests and the important work that they do.
This special addition of Two Bald Guys was created in partnership with the Wisconsin Humanities Council.
- Reggie Jackson is a co-owner and lead trainer of Nurturing Diversity Partners in Milwaukee.
- Read all of Reggie Jackson’s contributions to the Milwaukee Independent here.
- Reggie Jackson: Evidence of Things Unknown. A 2016 article on civil unrest in Milwaukee.
- It’s Time To Really Question How We Police in America Milwaukee Magazine article
- During the demonstrations and unrest in Milwaukee, we must listen carefully to what our community is saying. Op-Ed for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- ‘It’s Not Bad Apples, It’s The Whole Cart’: Historian Calls For Meaningful Police Reforms. WUWM Radio interview with Reggie Jackson
- Learn about Jarrett Adams and his law firm.
- Read about Jarrett Adams exoneration.
- Wisconsin Public Radio article featuring Jarrett Adams.
- Lester Holt interviews Jarrett Adams
- Intro To Jarrett Adams Law