Public Issues Series
WIPPS brings together people with diverse perspectives to discuss issues that matter to the community. Through our Public Issues Series, we openly address hot-button issues on a variety of topics – from the school voucher program, health care reform and income gap disparities to the impact of big money in elections. Even with the unpopularity of recent Congresses, we’ve looked at “Great Congresses” of the past and if it can be repeated.
Whatever pressing issue is on the minds of citizens, WIPPS can be a resource to help facilitate civil discussion.
Past Public Issues Events
- ‘U.S.-China Trade Tensions: What’s at Stake for Central Wisconsin’s Agriculture?’ On June 18, 2019. Learn more.
- ‘Panel Discussion: The Constitution, Congress and the Presidency: What are the Limits of Power?’ On November 14, 2017. Learn more.
- ‘Spring Public Issues Lecture: ‘The Affordable Care Act: The Aftermath and Consequences’’ On April 6, 2017. Learn more.
- ‘Public Issues Series in Madison: Is Congress Still Relevant?’ On April 5, 2016. Learn more.
- ‘Public Issues Series in Milwaukee: Is Congress Still Relevant?’ On April 4, 2016. Learn more.