Students Participate In A Year-Long Leadership Experience
WIPPS partners with the Department of Public Instruction (Wausau) and the Wausau Area High School Leadership Program to offer a Youth Leadership Institute. Currently, this enrichment program engages 36 students from six high schools in the Wausau metro area to participate in a year-long leadership experience. Program elements include:
- Class orientation on the UW-Marathon County campus
- Three day experiential leadership retreat at the Camp Manito-wish Y.M.C.A. in northern Wisconsin that promotes effective leadership through team concepts
- Style and team-building activities at two Wausau workshops
- A visit to a local corporation to learn about project design, business leadership and diversity issues
- A presentation of skills learned at a concluding graduation event
Throughout the year-long program, student leaders and WIPPS staff discuss service learning and project action plan models, learning styles in relationship to team building, ethical communication techniques, conflict resolution strategies and deliberative decision-making.
Interested in participating?