Interested in learning how our government works?
Consider a unique summer program in Madison and Washington.
The Washington Seminar, a 3-week summer course led and taught by UW Colleges faculty, provides an up-close and personal view of the workings of government, with access to congressional and executive leaders, lobbyists and other policy-influencers.
DEADLINE for online enrollment, Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Earn UW College Credit
Students from all majors are invited to take this hands-on course exploring areas such as the environment, energy, health, the economy, and social justice issues. Students will earn three UW Colleges credits which are easily transferable throughout the UW System.
- Course begins online May 29 and ends June 17, 2017
- Students meet and study in Madison May 30-June 3 and travel to Washington, D.C., June 3-June 17 for additional on-site learning
- Provided housing at UW-Madison and George Washington University
- Tuition and fees projected to be under $2,500 (depending on airfare costs and enrollment)
- Fees will include roundtrip airfare, lodging, most meals, Metro passes and two site trips
- Scholarships available