College Goal WI
It will take more than good luck and best intentions to pay for college. You need a plan of action, and it should include College Goal Wisconsin!
College Goal Wisconsin is affiliated with a national event that provides free information and assistance to families who need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) the federally required form for students seeking financial aid, such as grants and loans. Completing the FAFSA is the first and most important step in qualifying for aid.
What to Bring…
You will need the following items to complete your 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are considered a dependent student for financial aid purposes, you will also need these items for your parent(s).
- most recent federal tax return and W2s
- most recent untaxed income records, such as child support or veteran’s non-education benefits
- Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Driver’s License (if you have one)
- Social Security Number/Alien Registration Card/Permanent Resident Card
- Date of birth for parent(s)
- Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce or separation
- FSA ID (if you have one). You can visit fsaid.ed.gov to create your FSA ID. For assistance with the process, please call 1-800-433-3243.
- The FSA ID is your signature, so it has to be unique to you and will be your FSA ID for life.
- Every student and at least one parent of a dependent student will need an FSA ID.
- If a parent already has an FSA ID or has more than one child attending college, the parent will use the same FSA ID to sign all applications, but each child must have his or her own FSA ID.
- Each FSA ID user must have a unique mobile phone number and/or email address.
Click here to visit the College Goal WI website.