Central Wisconsin Area High School Leadership Program
The mission of the Central Wisconsin High School Leadership Program is to collaborate with Central Wisconsin high schools, businesses, industry, and civic organizations to create future leaders. The vision of the Central Wisconsin High School Leadership Program is to develop and inspire high school students to be contributing leaders in central Wisconsin.
The objectives of the Central Wisconsin High School Leadership Program are to:
- Develop leadership skills, confidence, and character in area high school students through project-based learning and interactive activities.
- Build a culture and capacity for civic engagement by connecting area high school students with community leaders.
- Partner with area businesses to help area high schools students realize that they can achieve their career and leadership goals right here in central Wisconsin.
Who We Are Looking For
Central Wisconsin High School Leadership Program is for Sophomores and Juniors in High Schools.
Central Wisconsin High School Leadership Program provides an avenue for young leaders to learn more about themselves and the community in which we hope that they will serve. Students are expected to attend the opening retreat at the YMCA Camp Manito-wish, four all day workshop, and complete a community service project.
- Have an interest in sharing their talents and leadership through participation in extra-curricular, volunteer, or community activities.
- Have the ability to set and attain goals as demonstrated by school/community involvement.
- Represent a cross-section of participants with a wide variety of talents and experiences as well as ethnic, minority, and gender diversity.
How To Apply
High school students who have leadership potential are recommended to the program by the school district in the spring of each school year. Students may also refer themselves. Application forms are available during the summer.
High school sophomores and juniors are selected to participate in the program from DC Everest Senior High, Marathon High School, Mosinee High School, Wausau East and West High Schools, Northland Lutheran High School, and Newman Catholic High School. Each school district recruits the students, promotes the program, and approves participation time off if a session is held on a school day. Other partners included the Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service (WIPPS) who coordinates the program; Camp Manito-wish YMCA who hosts the opening and closing retreats; as well as Greenheck Fan Corporation, River Valley Bank, Marathon County, and the University of Wisconsin Marathon County who provide meeting rooms, refreshments, and/or presenters for the workshops.
- DC Everest Junior and Senior High
- Marathon High School
- Mosinee High School
- Newman Catholic High School
- Northland Lutheran High School
- Wausau West High School
- Wausau East High School
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here.