Washington Seminar has been cancelled for 2020.
See government up close and personal!
Check out a unique summer program in Madison and Washington.
Interested in learning what makes state and national government tick? Consider a 3-week study away program and unique opportunity to see public policy first-hand in Madison and Washington, D.C.
The Seminar, led by UW-Milwaukee faculty, provides an up-close and personal view of the workings of government. You will meet and interact with congressional and executive officials, national nonprofit leaders, journalists, lobbyists and other policy influencers.
Earn College Credit
Students from all majors are invited to take this hands-on course exploring areas such as the environment, energy, health, the economy, and social justice issues. Students will earn three credits through UW-Milwaukee at Waukesha that are easily transferable throughout the UW System.
See detailed overview, student feedback from previous Washington Seminars by clicking on the corresponding year below:
- Course begins online May 21. Course meets face-to-face on May 26 and ends June 13, 2020
- Housing provided at UW-Madison and George Washington University
- Tuition and fees total $2,950
- Fees will include roundtrip airfare, lodging, most meals, Metro passes and two site trips
- Scholarships available
- Deadline to apply is March 10, 2020