Public Issues Lecture: The Affordable Care Act
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: UW Center for Civic Engagement, James F. Veninga Theater
Address: 625 Stewart Avenue, Wausau WI
Few issues in recent years have ignited as much political debate as the creation of the Affordable Care Act. Under the Trump administration, the ACA is certain to undergo many changes, be repealed, replaced or have some other result. WIPPS Economics Fellow Dr. Marty Finkler will present possible scenarios and likely effects at the 2017 Public Issues Series.
Dr. Finkler will address:
- Key provisions of the ACA
- Effects of ACA on insurance coverage, cost, choice and overall health
- Actions taken so far by the Trump administration and Congress
- What political partisans might agree and not agree on
- Conjectures about “Repeal and Replace”
A Q&A with the audience will follow his talk. Dr. Finkler, a well-known expert in health policy and the economics of medical care,retired in 2016 from Lawrence University in Appleton. He taught a variety of courses related to health policy and the economics of medical care.
The Public Issues Series is made possible through the support of Dean Dietrich and Kevin Hermening, two Wausau businessmen who are committed to open, nonpartisan dialogue.