Beyond the Headlines: What is News & Whose Story is it?
Building Trust: Law Enforcement, the Media & You
A series of events that bring the national discussion of law
enforcement and media coverage home to Wausau.
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE!
Click here to register, or click the button below.
Beyond the Headlines is a statewide project. Citizens and journalists across Wisconsin are coming together for face-to-face discussion about pressing local issues thanks to this Wisconsin Humanities Council project. At future Beyond the Headlines events in Wausau, Eau Claire, Milwaukee, and Superior, members of the public will meet local and nationally recognized journalists and scholars. At events, members of the public will gain valuable information about an issue in their community, and hear from local journalists about how these members of the media investigate and report the news.
All events in the series include:
- June 13-Building Trust: What is News & Whose Story is it?
- Featuring presenters Clayton Schulz, Robert Mentzer, & Melissa Langbehn
- September 12-Building Trust: Credibility of Law Enforcement & the Media
- Featuring presenters Ben Bliven, Shereen Siewert & Glen Moberg
- October 3-Building Trust: The Impact of Race
- Featuring presenters Scott Parks, Chris Conley, Mike Treinen & Yauo Yang
- November 14-Shining a Light on Democracy
- Featuring presenters Clayton Schulz, Lisa Rasmussen & Curtis Miles